Children Traveling Alone
To facilitate the safe transportation of our younger passengers, Bangkok Airways provides the Unaccompanied Minor (UMNR) service for minors travelling alone without a guardian that are aged between 6 to under 12 years old (on an original departure date). Children aged between 12 to under 16 years old are not specifically required to use the unaccompanied service; however, we are happy to provide the service if requested.
Reservation and Ticketing
Please contact the Bangkok Airways reservation/call centre at least 24 hours prior to departure time and receive the confirmation of your application.There should be a SSR code UMNR confirmed on each passenger reservation.
We ask that the following information is to be included in the PNR:
- Passport details and date of birth (DOB) of child
- Name, address and telephone number of the person escorting the child to the airport and their relationship to the child
- Name, address and telephone number of the person collecting the child at their destination and their relationship to the child
Please note that an unaccompanied minor will be charged an adult fare and to make reservation for unaccompanied minor through website is not possible.
Service procedure at the airport
UNACCOMPANIED MINOR CHECK-IN REQUIREMENTS
The following information is required at time of check-in:
- Information specific to the adult checking-in the unaccompanied minor must include:
- Identification (e.g. drivers’ license) with address as shown in application.
- Phone number – the number provided to the agent will be used for contact in case of any changes and as an emergency contact
- Information specific to the adult picking up the unaccompanied minor at their destination to include:
- Name of adult picking up at destination
- Address as shown on identification
- Phone number to contact
Procedures for the UMNR travel
- You will have to fill out the UMNR form at the point of origin. This form (Download form) is available at the check-in counter.
- You are kindly requested to stay with your child until boarding.
- The child is escorted by our ground staff and handed over to the cabin crew.
- Our cabin crew will look after your child during the flight.
- At the destination, the ground staff will then escort the child and will hand over the child only to the person whose name is mentioned by you to pick him/her up at the airport.
- If the onward connecting flight is on another airline, departing from the same terminal which can be easily accessed without exiting the terminal building, we will transfer the UMNR to the connecting carrier, provided that the connecting time is 4 hours or less.
- The child will then be released and the adult will be given any documents such as passport, boarding cards, receipts, baggage claim, etc.
Notes : Upon departure and arrival, we request that each child has to be accompanied by an adult. If the designated adult fails to show up upon arrival, the children will be returned to the original departure city. The sending guardian is responsible for the extra travel costs. Please ensurethe designated guardian arrives at the airport prior to the arrival time of the plane that the child is on board.
Young Passengers (YP)
- A child travelling alone between the ages of 12 to under 16 years is a young passenger.
- Young passenger between the ages of 12 to under 16 years is allowed to travel without any further assistance..
- There is no documentation required foryoung passenger age 12-16 years of age travelling alone who may require special assistance during the trip on PG service.
- For those who need special assistance, young passenger has to be accompanied to the airport of departure by a parent or guardian who has to remains with child until embarkation.
- Met upon arrival at the airport of destination by a parent or guardian.
- If the YP requests special assistance, they cannot carry an infant or child.
- If the YP does not request special assistance, they can carry an infant or child.
Reservation and Ticketing
Please contact the Bangkok Airways reservation/call centre at least 24 hours prior to departure time and receive confirmation of your application.There should be SSR/OSI code CKIN-young passenger confirmed on each passenger reservation.
Reference : www.bangkokair.com